About my Blog

But I must explain to you how all this mistaken idea of denouncing pleasure and praising pain was born and I will give you a complete account of the system, and expound the actual teachings of the great explorer of the truth, the master-builder of human happiness. No one rejects, dislikes, or avoids pleasure itself, because it is pleasure, but because those who do not know how to pursue pleasure rationally encounter consequences that are extremely painful. Nor again is there anyone who loves or pursues or desires to obtain pain

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Mile Sur Mera Tumhaara

We all wish and yearn for a time machine. It could be to either erase the mistakes of past or to have a peek at the future. Well...we donno if one exists apart from in the Back to Future series movies.

But have’nt you realized at times that simple things take us a trip down memory lane and almost serve as time machines? Simple things like old photo albums, videos, childhood dresses, alumni functions, get together with friends and so on.

Recently I happened to accidentally stumble on the famous Mile Sur Mera tumhara on You-Tube. Haven’t you realized that music is one amazing vehicle for time travel? All of us have at some point of time in life loved some song and later move on with another new song. Then when we happen to listen to it again...old memories come rushing in.



As of now...you all watch this video and tell me what you remember about this video. I will tell you about my memories about the same in my next post :-)

4 comments:

Aparna said...

Mile Sur Mera is a favourite of mine. I still remember when I was a kid, how I used to sit in front of the TV and eagerly wait for this song to come and how I used to sing it adding my own ‘lyrics’ wherever I didn’t understand the words being sung (which was almost all the lines ;) ) :D

G3 said...

warm welcome for this new blog.. appadiyae mandupaiyanayum reopen pannalaamae :)

Priya Iyer said...

loved this new initiative! :) good idea!

bingo! certain things do trigger memories... they did for me too! :)
here's my take on it:
http://priyaiyer.wordpress.com/2007/08/30/nostalgia/

Harish said...

@aparna
Haa haa...almost the same thing happened in my case. Read the next post and U will know :-)

@G3
Mandupaiyan....aahhhh...konjam kashtam ngo. Pesaama thamizh la ezhudara ellam unga sangathula padivu panna taren...pannuveengala????

@Priya
Read ur take. really it was a rip down memory lane :-)